Holidays & 2013 for 3++

Things have been a quiet over here lately so just letting you know, I'm on break! Hence the sporadic posting. I know many of you take breaks around this time of year as well so I'm sure most of you won't mind… though we'll keep feeding you some tidbits here and there :).

Anyway, as ever with the New Year approaching and a quiet time on 3++, it's always a good time to give us any feedback you have and/or what you are looking forward to in the early months of 2013.

There will be an increase in Warmachine/Hordes content as our local group has started to get some traction going in consistent play and obviously codex reviews for 40k in light of 6th edition will start to roll out as well (Puppy has been working on the Tyranid and Chaos ones as I'm sure you've seen). We will also get the site fully functional… Matt's promise of before Christmas failed =D!

Regardless, hit us up with some comments and we'll do our best to keep 3++ churning along as you like it :).

14 Responses to “Holidays & 2013 for 3++”

1. Dr. What says:

Would it be possible to help with one of these codex reviews for 6th? Possibly Orks?

2. BaselessElm says:

Does VT2 still write for you guys? If so, do we have an ETA on that GK review?

3. abusepuppy says:

I am going to take this moment to say that the next part of the CSM review would already be done and posted if WordPress weren't a piece of shit that ate the entire thing after autosaving it.

• Matt-Shadowlord says:

A whole new high tech spin on the classic 'Dog ate my Homework' :D

• Frost_89 says:

never, ever produce written content online. write it in your preferred word editor then copypaste it. ALWAYS

• CaptGrizz says:

When SOMEONE tried telling that to puppy before, he got a lecture on why that would eliminate the WHOLE point of word press and yadda yadda.

This is why I whack that "Save Draft" button like a labratory rat looking for the next cocaine-laced food pellet. I would prefer to write-everything offline, but posts I write for myblog tend to explode from a simple paragraph or two into a wall of text without my realizing it.

WordPress had told me it had saved the draft and I had even manually saved prior to posting it some ~10mins or so earlier. However, when I actually hit the post button, there was some sort of error and it apparently reverted to a much, much, much earlier save for reasons that are not apparent to me.

Just one of them things… It has happened to me with Blogger and WP. Ain't computers grand?

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just an additional layer of hassle that is completely unnecessary. Blogging programs have a feature that specifically exists to prevent this exact sort of thing from happening.

Yes, I could spend that extra time every time I write an article to do the whole thing in Word (or OpenOffice or whatever) and then past it over and then reformat it and add HTML tags and all of that. Is it really that hard to grasp why I don't want to be forced to spend an extra half hour every time to do all that when there nominally exists a feature to make it unnecessary? The fact that WordPress's autosave is a piece of shit it not somehow a personal flaw on my part for not making my life triply redundant on every level; Blogger's version of the same worked just fine and I never had any problems with it.

4. Matt-Shadowlord says:

The new theme is practically good to go, just a matter of your input on the forum and ad feature.

man, you guys really like talking about Tyranids

• CaptGrizz says:

What more do you need to know beyond tervigons+gants+zoanthropes or hive guard+flyrant/swarmlord/more tervigons+gargoyles for cover+remaining points towards whatever you want. If your list lacks genestealers/rippers/mawlocs/pyrovores you are good to go. It's a pretty easy full proof recipe that is pro-win from 750-1850 points.

• WestRider says:

Well, duh. Tyranids are awesome, despite GW's best efforts to the contrary ;)