You must now all tell me what you got for Christmas…

Because we're friends and I like to ask such questions of random strangers.

55 Responses to “You must now all tell me what you got for Christmas…”

1. Auretious Taak says:

I brought myself an unreleased rogue trader tyranid aka the Protonid as seen in the warhammer 40,000 rogue trader rule book. Yup, finally tracked down this most elusive, some would say holy grail, of tyranid models, and legit too as from one of the guys on the collecting citadel miniatures yahoo group who has a good fair few of the albums there being his own collection. What else did I get, well stuff, nothing to compare to this awesomeness! Best Tyranid Prime Ever! :D

• Denzark says:

Pictures or it never happened. Also, RT page reference, or you are talking balls.

• Auretious Taak says:

It's not my fault you know shit all about the rogue trader rulebook or anything from the era. So screw you you ignorant fool. With that said, apparently I'm talking balls so bugger showing you the pics too.

• CaptGrizz says:

you're showing him pics of your balls now?

• _Garnet_ says:

It's the only way to be sure they happened.

• Auretious Taak says:

Well i can't find the link to the rogue trader rulebook download that was in french (no nee d to read it just all the pics!) otherwise that's the only real quick way to find the page,w ith no copy myself can't get a page number.

• CaptGrizz says:

"The pics will go up when I update my next article on progress of the army which means setting up my digital camera lol. "

which actually means
            "I'm not interested in proving shit,I'll post it whenever I bloody well feel like it, I'm bloody TAAK and I do as I please!!!!"

• Auretious Taak says:

This is Awesome. :D

• Auretious Taak says:

P.S. Stole your Rogue Trader Limited Release Tyranid Dominator on ebay Grizz! :p

• Denzark says:

Really. I am waiting to check my copy of RT for that picture. Just give us the reference. As to 'protonid' the word does not appear once in RT. I have had my copy since 1990, but yeah sure I know nothing. Just give us those references to prove me wrong.

Sh*t or get off the pot little puppy.

2. T-Jay says:

Mony & sweets, but I plan to spend some of the money on a box of thunderwulfes.

3. Zjoekov says:

Nothing.

But that's because we give gifts on a different day here, St. Nicolas on the 5th of december.

Wait… I didn't get anything for that either. Tough life.

4. Sethis_II says:

Socks, a head/neck bandanna thing, and a Calender with pictures of fish.

I bought *myself* 20 Marines and some Kromlech Heads/Shoulderpads to make an allied Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons contingent, soon to also gain a Contemptor and some robotic Devastator things.

Being 25 years old, people don't seem to want to buy me little toy soldiers any more. Shame, that.

5. kos says:

got a wraithlord and sanguinary guard. Being 40 years old, people understand that if they don't buy me little toy soldiers they don't get any pudding.

6. dimdum says:

executioner pred and my first cron scythe (and probably the only one)
    other than that clothes and food :D

7. mr.darkness says:

necron megaforce and a rasberry pi!! which I have set up and am now accessing the internet with!!

8. Helpless William says:

Mk IC Deimos rhino for my preheresy world eaters and an ipad for digital codices. I'm pretty happy with that.

9. Chris H. says:

My daughter got me a mini of Death dressed as the Hogfather from Discworld. Best Christmas gift ever.

10. Droopy says:

Assault Terminator box from my girlfriend and a gift card for the local gaming shop to get the new DA stuff coming out.

11. Aircool says:

Battlefoam stuff. Pressies are for those things that you want, but can never seem to justify spending money on when there are more exciting things to buy.

Also, a massive, perfectly cooked beef rib roast for dinner.

12. CaptGrizz says:

150 lb crossbow (which shoots through an aluminum garage door apparently), new tomahawk, borderlands 2 assassins creed trilogy, new belt buckle, some Pokémon cards, 3 flashlights, 3 pair cargo pants, slippers, rorch and brine, min gator posse, min bog trogs, full farrow brigands

13. Wild says:

Judicator and Kreoss3

didnt get anything warhammer related, so im going to buy some stuff later
    maybe that FW warpfire dragon, looks like a painting challenge. and some ogres to kitbash up some ogre characters

15. iandanger says:

Nothing, although I did get my Dreadball box monday, but that was just happenstance.

16. _Garnet_ says:

Fear to Tread, The Primarchs, and Know No Fear, which is going back because it was supposed to be Shadows of Treachery but Amazon shipped the wrong book. Yes, I'm hilariously behind on the HH series.

• Sethis_II says:

Don't worry, so am I. I wait for them to hit special offer in the bookstores on top of waiting for paperbacks. Cue checking for them in Jan sales…

17. Necron says:

Yu-Jing Goodies for the Campaign Paradiso.

18. tzeentchling says:

Dark Vengeance! Also three cool gaming shirts from Woot, and some CDs and other things.

19. Albert says:

An Aegis Defence Line 'cause Wolves have no AA

*and looking forward to the new DA*

20. Saramoff says:

£58 worth of clothes (50 of which on a gift card, 8 contributed from general christmas funds), a dragon calender, chocolate, money off my brother and uncle. The rest is bits and bobs, clothes and everything.

21. IndigoJack says:

I got an airbrush, only the company sent the wrong one. I ordered the eclipse hp-cs but got the revolution cr. Still waiting to hear back from customer service about how they're going to fix this problem. Other than that I got a clock for my shower, and some movies. Oh, and some stuff for my girlfriend. Yes, I was given stuff for Christmas that is actually for my girlfriend.

22. englishmaninukraine says:

Complete Farscape.
    Gift vouchers that will become plastic blood angel goodness.

23. Alastores says:

200 pounds from my mother, something as yet unknown from my Flatmate (he left it in Glasgow by mistake), and a plastic representation of a soundwave from my girlfriend, that she made.

The soundwave being her saying something, but that's all you are getting.

From MYSELF (justified due to being Christmas) – 2 boxes of Ravenwing, a Stormtalon, and a bike.

24. Maelwynn says:

A remote control helicopter and a 900ml coffee mug :D

25. zdog says:

cash and a badass set of headphones. Cash that will be converted into 100 (thankfully unpainted) guardsmen from a friend who's dropping his ig.

26. WestRider says:

Drugs and money. And a bunch of useless crap.

27. Kirby says:

Sounds like most of you had fun :).

28. Craig says:

A stinking cold. Oh and money but I'd pass on that to shift this damn cold if I had the option, in the absence of that option some of it turned into season 2 of Eureka so I don't go stir crazy.

29. Mogarth says:

Got a box of tacticals from the secret santa at work…. completely unexpected… btw you can obviously tell someone gets laid often >_>

30. Avatar says:

Got W&N paintbrushes, Secret Weapon Minis weathering powders, and a KR Multicase card box (gotta put them orks somewhere).

• Guest IX says:

Moshy is a hoopy frood, who really knows where his towel is.

• moshy says:

Haha hitchhikers reference, nice! I actually really needed a towel. I gave everyone I know a present, a christmas poem I wrote:

Merry Christmas to you all
        And happy Boxing day
        Now you must listen closely
        To what I have to say

My deepest apologies
        For being so late
        I meant to send this yesterday
        But thought it could wait

Where's my good old aussie sun
        I hear you all cry
        I could say that I don't care
        But that would be a lie

No sunny for you Sydney
        Only stormy and humid
        If god really does exist
        He has a wicked sense of humour *

Let's make Christmas green again
        As it used to be
        Before Coca-Cola messed it up
        To make a buck for free

Don't worry about the presents
        A towel was all I got
        Yet love in lieu of many gifts
        I better than the lot

Thoughtless spending and indulging
        Never will suffice
        So let's spread the loving message
        Of just being nice

Now I'm out of things to say
        I really have run dry
        So I'll let y'all go now
        Have fun and goodbye

* Australia usually has great weather on christmas day, it rained all day here in sydney

31. Aurenian says:

From other people I got some christmas cards and a box of cookies.

From myself there should be a couple of warlords and some apoc scale terrain coming in the mail any day now.

32. Jon Paul says:

Typhon Siege Tank, Talon of Contemptors 30 Legion Mk3 Marines and money to get Justaerian Terminators :) Oh i do love forgeworld soo much

33. Mike the Magus says:

My gifts can be divided into 3 catagories! Gaming! which included a Dark Eldar Raider (well that was for my birthday), a squad of warriors to go in it, and the Flames of war Volksgrenadier box.

Then the boring stuff, you know cloths and chocolate.

34. Kelterran says:

I'm totally excited because my wonderful wife (who doesn't get the whole modeling hobby thing) bought me my first miniature set–the Open Fire starter set from Flames of War! Cost has always prohibited me from getting into this hobby but she bit the bullet and got it for me anyway. Speaking of this subject, does anybody have any advice for the new plastic range that battlefront has?

35. Threadmiser says:

Wheatgrass growing kit and juicer. Mmmmmm…lawn.

36. Chris says:

Nurgle Dreadnought ^^

37. rexscarlet says:

My wife is getting the dog sight for the Holidays, cheap at 2K…

38. Emilia Staiano says:

Awesome site! You’ve some quite interesting posts.. Nice background as well haha. Keep up the good work, Ill make sure you come by and see more of your page!