3++con Results

Here is the table of results from 3++con. Sorry I couldn't do live updates but my wifi stick was not to be found on Day 2. I will get the pictures up ASAP though. Daemons unfortunately took it out but he had some very tough games and opponents to get through to earn this victory. I'll do some more Data mining over the coming weeks as always but for now, bask in the (mostly completed) results table of 3++con. Please note, these are overall rankings with the Top 4 based on their results in Bracket 1 – everyone else is then ranked based on their combined score over the weekend.

table

43 Responses to “3++con Results”

1. Neil B says:

not many wolves players

2. Thariinye says:

I really want to know what the Blood Angels/Eldar player was running in his list. Most of the people I've been talking to (I also put myself in that category) have been pooh-poohing both Blood Angels and Eldar (somewhat less so) in this edition, and it's awesome to see someone able to make them both work together. I'll have to re-evaluate them!

Interestingly no Tyranids that I see.

A reasonable variety in the top 10 as well, with only Necrons being the only faction a bit over-represented. Relatively few CSM in the tournament, but one at #2 is good.

• the dark angel says:

He did quite well on battle but you must also consider he's a great painter and probably got a prefect piant score which was 40% of the overall final score.

• Auretious Taak says:

Has he taken the rest of his eldar to the quality of his wraithlords yet? Last year it's what knocked him out of the running for best painted army because there was a distinct difference throughout the force. Shame I couldn't make it, alas. I did use the saturday though to paint a tyranid squig haha! :p

• Shaggy says:

I was the BA & Eldar player.

As Dark Angel has said, painting and sports were 40% of the total score. The remaining 60% was battle.

I managed 4 wins out of 6 games and I know the list isn't as optimized as it could be.

My list was:

Libby with jump pack
      Sang Priest with jump pack
      Furioso Dread
      10 assault marines with lightning claw sergeant and 2 meltas
      10 assault marines with lightning claw sergeant and infernus pistol and 2 meltas
      2 typhoon landspeers with multi-meltas
      Stormraven

Farseer with Fortune and Runes
      10 harlequins with shadowseer with all kisses
      2 x 3 eldar jetbikes
      3 war warlkers with scatter lasers

It was a fun list and I haven't tried this combination before. I will try and add 2 predators or attack bikes in there somewhere next time if I can.

3. casperionx says:

Ba with eldar would probably revolve around eldar psyker defence on jet bikes and ba with heavy air support…

4. Donzo says:

Do you have lists to share?

5. Azazel says:

This table seems to be mixing overall scores with battle scores. Myself, Doug Crawford and Mitchell Corrigan all were in the top 8 bracket.

6. Difsta says:

Called it! Should have actually put money on it… Dan Gilmour is a juggernaught at the moment.

• Azazel says:

Ánd in addition to that he's using the nastiest codex out there at the moment. Had a chat to him after his first day 2 game his opponent was going off at him for his army list.

• Jasonc says:

He’s a fine player though, and sure, people don’t like losing vs power lists. Tough!

• Difsta says:

he wasn't originally going to take it. But with the filth that we all knew was going to be there, people needed to know going into it that either Necrons or Daemons were going to win the event. You can't hate on a player for playing at a pure battle point tournament with a strong list.

• Difsta says:

its also worth noting that the lists and players he played against weren't chumps either. So you can hardly just say it was the list when the majority of what he played against was just as filthy

• Jasonc says:

Yup, there were at least two other daemon lists, and several hard cron lists (at least 4 or 5).

• Azazel says:

oh no not at all diffey didn't mean to demean dan's achievements, seems like a nice guy. And yeah as I said to him when you come to a non-comped tournie you bring the hardest list possible. But the tournie really showed that daemons/crons/double drake/GKs is dominating at the moment with IG also doing well.

• Antz says:

I really thought Helldrakes where gonna be everywhere, but no, Stormravens were everywhere!!!

• Jordan says:

Hey, I only had one drake!

7. Dr. What says:

I'm very curious about the Orks + SM army as that combo was something I ruled out doing (labeling it as insane and ineffective) in the first few months of 6th.

• the dark angel says:

Don't get the different armies flyers too close to each other………….:P…………crash and burn on a roll of a 1.

8. Jasonc says:

Btw Vince and Lee mainly played as stand ins – don’t blame them for the bad score hahaha

9. Grim says:

What was Dan Gilmore’s army list?

10. TheWolfsLunch says:

Hey look, my name's there.

11. Ernie says:

I was crushed by Dan's list in game 2 of day 1 but it's all good. He almost made losing fun! lol
    He knows his list well and was a good opponent. I didn't really stand much of a chance, but it was a great learning opportunity so props to him. I look forward to meeting him aross the table again!

• Zealousy says:

What army was you?

• Azazel says:

Zealousy ernie played cronair. I unfortunately got smashed by his army Game 1 of Day 2. But similar to ernie I learnt a lot playing him and hope for a rematch sometime.

• Ernie says:

Actually I played Mech IG.. Only two Vendetta's, 6 Chimera's, Manticore and a couple of Russes. And 80 odd bodies packing Plasma and Melta… Still wasn't enough to put even a dent in the Demons list! Not too shabby against power armour and termies though…

12. Meme B. Weedy says:

I good TO would never say that unfortunately a certain army won. What prejudice.

: (

• Jasonc says:

He means that it backs the stereotype. It’s not unfortunate that particular army one – it’s unfortunate that the stereotype gains credence when it plays out that way, and it possibly represents an imbalance in the game.

13. S says:

The overall rankings seem a mishmash of nova style and battle points – possibly the worst of both worlds. Battle points encourages seal clubbing even when you have the game in the bag, yet some close games could result in both sides receiving less than 4 points out of 15 between them.

Fun times, but the format needs an update.

14. Gorsameth says:

Will armylists be shown anywhere, Im really interested in what the 5th place CSM army was

• Jordan says:

It was my army, I had

HQ
      Chaos Lord – Bike, power fist, burning brand, mark of nurgle

Troops
      7 x Plague Marines (2xplasma, rhino, powerfist)
      7 x Plague Marines (2xmelta, rhino, powerfist)
      7 x Plague Marines (2xplasma, powerfist)

Fast
      Heldrake (baleflamer)
      4xChaos Spawn

Heavy
      7x Havocs (4x Autocannon, VotLW, Mark of Nurgle)
      Vindicator
      3xObliterators (Mark of Nurgle)

Fort
      Aegis Line + Quad Gun

15. TheGraveMind says:

What?!! no Tyranids? not even as an allied force -_-
    but good to see dark angels and vanilla doing well.