Okay guys, jumbled up summary from the sources on what the Tau supplement info is but find below please .
Some pictures as well – we'll hopefully get clearer ones soon.
I'll be adding my quick thoughts in for yummy reading…
Overall from a quick look, a much better feel to it than the Iyanden and I hope this sort of trend continues, even if the rules aren't as great as they could be (which I haven't looked at yet).
Thoughts added – moving Crisis to Troops is what supplements should do, the wargear isn't as great as the Tau options but being able to BB ally helps with that. I see a lot of Farsight armies being used as Allies rather than the core force and bringing along Commander, Riptide and two Crisis squads.
mirrorcodex – 50pts
- +1 to seize rolls for your army. Roll a d6 at the start of every turn. 1-3 nothing. 4 is preferred enemy space marines. 5 is preferred enemy space marines & imperial guard. 6 is preferred enemy everyone. Getting an alpha strike with Tau is nice so 5+ to seize isn't bad but the other bonuses are pretty hit and miss; 1/6 chance for preferred enemy? Great but 50 points is steep. Not abad piece of wargear but certainly not a must have.
seismic fibrillator node – 45pts
- one use only. may use it at the beginning of any turn. Roll a d6. on a 2+, all open ground within 36″ is treated as difficult, all difficult is treated as dangerous. roll d6 at the end of each turn. 1-4 the node's effects stop. 5+ they stay in play. 45 points is too much, particularly if it does nothing (which over the course of a tournament is likely to happen). Actual reduction in movement would have been great and it remember, it's difficult terrain for everyone.
warscaper drone – 35pts
- nominate a drone purchased by the character – this is the warscaper AND the original drone type. All models in the same unit have move through cover, outflank and acute senses. Furthermore, any enemy unit that is both outside of it's deployment zone, and within 12″ of a warscaper treats difficult terrain as dangerous. Outflanking with some Crisis is cute but not a great thing and again, adding randomness for points doesn't mean it's going to do what you want.
fusion blades – 30pts
- commander with a twin-linked fusion blaster only. Replace one twin-linked fusion blasters profile with following: shooting (same as twin-linked fusion blaster), melee – str 8 ap1 attacks w/armourbane and blind. if you use them in the assault phase roll a d6 at the end of the phase, on a 1 neither the shooting nor melee profile may be used for the rest of the game 50 points for a twin-linked fusion blaster and S8 Ap1 armor bane in combat which might break? No.
earth caste pilot array – 30pts
- models with battlesuits only. The model re-rolls all rolls of 1 to hit in the shooting phase. May also re-roll the dice when using a nova reactor. Weapon skill is also reduced to 1 Now this is something everyone could want on their Riptide – re-roll 1′s (overheat!) and NOVA? Okay.
talisman of arthas moloch – 25pts
- talisman confers a 5+ invulnerable save. In addition, the bearer and all friendly units within 12″ roll 4d6 for deny the witch rolls, taking the highest result Nice against high psychic armies and if you're allying in with say Space Marines or Eldar, those Deny rolls can become very reliable.
6 wargear options IN PLACE OF TAU SIGNATURE SYSTEMS - so no PENchip, M3S or CnC
6 warlord traits
CAN take ethereals - yay
CAN NOT take aun'va or shadowsun - boo but expected
Crisis are troops – hell ya
Everyone has preferred enemy orks in combat - don't run into combat
Everyone that can take Bonding Knife Rituals MUST take them – yuck
Riptides can take signature systems from the farsight enclaves list - goodie since one is designed for them
1 – The way of the short blade; The warlord has weapon skill 5. If your warlord is not a battlesuit, re-roll this result. - no
2 – echoes of the grand master; PEN chip except you have to choose what profile you want when you roll this warlord result, and keep it for the rest of the game - hells YA!
3 – the way of the broken sword; one use only. declare your warlord is using this ability at the start of one of your opponent's turns. Your opponent has a -1 modifier to reserve rolls they make this turn - meh
4 – the fire unquenchable; warlord is fearless. All friendly units from codex: tau within 6″ of the warlord have stubborn - um no.
5 – countercrisis; XV8 Crisis teams have +1 modifier to their reserve rolls – meh
6 – through surety, destruction; one use only. declare your warlord is using this ability at the start of one of your shooting phases. For the duration of the phase, warlord and his unit have the shred special rule – okay for one use