Points pictures are here! Let’s take a quick look, impacts at bottom of post.
So the points rumors floating around seem to be accurate. So major changes… (updating as I go; updated with clearer pictures):
- Stormraven up 20 points;
- Exorcist down 25 points;
- Celestine up 50 points but her babies are down 25 points each (so whole unit is the same price);
- Repressors are base 91 points (so up 20 points);
- AdMech have some points decreases – Breachers / Destroyers down 5, Priests down 1, Dominus down 10, Enginseer down 5, Infiltrators down 2, Rangers down 1 and Vanguard down 1;
- Cawl went down 10 points (despite Warhammer Community saying he went up…);
- Conscripts are up 1 point – I think that ends that yes?;
- Manticore is up 10 points;
- Primaris Psykers are up 10 points (still dirt cheap);
- Astropath up 15;
- Taurox up 10 points and Taurox Prime up 15 along with Hot Shot Volley Guns increasing by 1 point and the Taurox Gatling Cannon going up 2 points;
- Meltagun prices went up 5 points on 3+ to hit models for AM;
- Command Rod now costs 5 points;
- Wyverns up 10 points;
- Ratlings up two points each;
- Power Fist down 2 points to 8;
- Vanquisher Cannon down 5 points;
- Autocannons down 3 points! (for AM);
- Twin Psycannon went up 22 points!?!?!?;
- Malefic Lords as we know went up to 80 points;
- Y’vahra thankfully seems to have been left alone;
- Malanthrope up to 140 points *puts on shelf*;
- Barbed Hierodule went up 40 points;
- Supremacy Armour doubled to 1500 points…;
- Gauss Pylon went up 75 points;
- Night Shroud went down 50 points;
- Shadow Spectres were removed from the plane of playability with their Rifles / Blasters going up by 10 points (okay they still are not bad but they are not criminally cheap now);
Eldar Chapter Approved Changes
Hi, this Matt-Shadowlord adding a section about the changes to Eldar.
UNIT PRICE INCREASES
- Phoenix up from 157 to 183 (I just got my Phoenix model. JUST got it!)
- Vampire hunter up from 925 to waaaaaaaoh 1500
- Warp Hunter up from 240 to 285
- Scorpion up from 660 to 700
- Revenant 1200 to 2000!!
UNIT PRICE DROPS
- Wasp drops from 110 to 65. Welcome back to play, little guy!
- Wraithseer drops from 150 to 125
Most of these are changes to bring FW inline with the Codex.
- Dcannon down from 50 to 45 (as in the Codex)
- Prism Rifle up from 15 to 25 – this means Shadowspectres go from 23 to 33pts. (I just got my 10 Spectre models. Same package as the Phoenix!)
- Prism Blaster up from 20 to 30 – The Shadowspectre exarch goes from 28 to 38 if taking this weapon. (And in the same box, 2 Exarchs with the blasters. Typical, lol).
- Scatter laser 10 (as in the Codex)
- Shuriken Cannon 10 (as in the Codex)
- Sonic Lance up from 0 to 60
- Starcannon 15 (as in the Codex)
- Twin Shuriken Cat 5 (as in the Codex)
- Twin Shuriken Cannon 17 (as in the Codex)
- Twin Starcannon 28 (as in the Codex)
(Corsairs are the Forgeworld Eldar faction; basically space pirate elves)
- Corsair Cloud Dancers – down from 25 to 20
- Corsair Cloud Dancers Felarch – down from 30 to 25
- Corsair Reaver – down from 9 to 7
- Corsair Reaver Felarch – down from 14 to 12
- Corsair Skyreaver – Down from 12 to 10
- Corsair Skyreaver Felarch – down from 17 to 12
Those are some across the board improvements to Corsair costs. I like the models and would order some, but am concerned for the sake of Corsair players that the moment my package arrives from FW the prices will be bumped up 😀
Impact on Eldar
Eldar saw quite a few changes despite being a brand new codex, but the majority are to bring FW units into line with the new Codex pricing. Eldar Superheavies however have really had the nerfbat swung at them hard -it’s possible that this is partially balanced by access to new craftworld bonuses, but really it is likely to make most of them appear in games less frequently.
The Eldar Corsairs are now worth a second look. Their unique selling point is a special rule called Reckless Abandon; if they cause a casualty in overwatch they can immediately make a 3″ move in any direction. With more ways to get off turn 1 charges in the game almost every week, this can be a very valuable option to have. In an ideal world, you’re looking at a way to make those charges less likely to hit.
Shadowspectres clearly took a hammering. As someone who just got the models that’s a bit of a pain, but I also think they benefit too much from stackable bonuses like Alaitoc, Conceal and Lighting Reflexes (-4 to hit trollolllooooo), and so were due a price increase.
Okay so some quick thoughts here.
Forge World largely got shafted – not surprising. I have not really looked into the DKoK / Elysian points yet as I am not familiar with them but it looks like their points costs were adjusted to the AM codex which is probably a net gain. Most AM regularly-used units got a points bump though – Psykers, Manticores / Wyverns, Conscripts and Taurox’s all went up. I do not think this will mean anything for Psykers or the artillery but Conscripts are effectively dead it feels. Same cost as normal Infantry, orders fail 50% of the time, worse BS / WS, Ld4 and the only advantage (which is important) is they come in bigger units. Use of multiple Infantry Squad layers may replace this.
Matt has done a full run through the Guard changes here.
Malanthrope was undercosted before and may be slightly overcosted now, I would have said 120/130 would be a good spot but will see. Some of the super-heavies doubling in price is laughable – none of them were destroying the competitive landscape even when they were being used. Particularly when we consider Girlyman, Magnus and Morty exist. Celestine at 200 feels a tad overpriced but she’s still a great model and now I feel like taking her babysitters given they are 25 points. Repressors going up 20 points feels right, they are a great transport and the Exoricst going down to 135 makes me ponder it… I hate random shots AND random damage but it is probably more efficient than a Manticore now.
Shadow Spectres may get shelved – from 23 to 33 points is a pretty big jump and makes them far less efficient. Still highly durable for T3 models with the minus to hit but that was just enough to push them away. 28-30 points would have again, been a decent sweet spot. Couple point swings in either direction can have huge impacts on efficiency.
The most amusing thing for me though is twin psycannons going to 50 points. Something that was already inefficient got nearly doubled in cost (and the Razorback chassis also got more expensive).
Anything else anyone noticed or has gone through that i have not (i.e. Chaos, DKoK / Elysians, etc.)?